Friday, March 25, 2011

I Lost My Best Friend to Cancer

My dear friend, will you ever understand
All the love I had for you
You always gave so much compassion
To everyone you knew.

Your heart was full of kindness
Your soul was filled with peace
Your faith could not be shaken
Your light will never cease.

Your joy flowed like a fountain
So refreshing everyday
So clean, so pure, so simple
Like the rain that falls in May

Your smile was like the sunshine
As fresh as any flower
You had a heart as big as Texas
And yeah.. strong as any tower.

You praised GOD for each and every hour
For each and every day
You lived your life to its fullness
And always took the time to pray.

There were so many acts of kindness
You spread throughout the years
A hug was always waiting
For everyone you held dear.

You had such a love for basketball
And of course your MaryKay business too
Unending love for your family
And those special friendships too

A husband, son, daughter and identical twin
Really.. That's just naming a few
So many other people
Now miss you like I do.

Now I don't get your emails
On my screen each day
Through all those years of writing
Yeah... we always found a way.

You traveled through the valleys
Your eyes fixed on the sky
Like Job found in the Bible
You never questioned why.

GOD took you to His mansion
WOW... what rejoicing there must be
When HE took away your cancer
HE set your spirit free!

  
I Love & Miss you T!

No comments:

Post a Comment